CPES California Headquarters/Recruitment & Training Office
3200 Inland Empire Blvd
Ontario, CA 91764
Phone: (909) 827-2397
Positions With Openings
Must be at least 18 years of age (licensing requirement). If driving is required for the position, must be 21 years old with no more than two (2) minor moving violations or one (1) accident within the past three (3) years.
– Experience: Any combination of training and experience needed to provide direct care services; some funding contracts require previous DSP experience (the amount of experience is based on each specific contract).
– If position requires driving a CPES vehicle or a rental car, must possess a current/valid California driver’s license and be insurable under the agency’s automobile policy.
– Have access to reliable, safe transportation.
– If using a personal vehicle to conduct CPES business (only with management approval), employee needs to have acceptable vehicle insurance.
– Must have minimum of 1 year experience in working with individuals with developmental disabilities
– Have Direct Support Professional (DSP) 1&2 Training Certification
– Must have a High School Diploma or GED
– Able to work flexible schedules: weekends, nights, days, evenings, and partial shifts.
– Able to operate common office equipment and have basic computer skills, including word processing
Lead DSP II
This position provides training, support, community integration, and personal care services to participants with developmental disabilities. The incumbent performs para-professional work of routine difficulty in providing person centered support and services to participants based on Individual Support Plans (ISPs). Work may be performed in a day program environment or residential setting. An incumbent exercises limited decision-making and independent judgment, conferring with the supervisor on non-routine items or problems. This position has contacts within the CPES Novelles participant’s support team, including families/conservators, advocates, medical providers, Regional Center staff, etc. This position is distinguished from Direct Support Professionals in that the incumbent is also responsible for general supervision and site specific training of staff and may be called on to act in the absence of the Residential or Day Program Administrator.
– Must be at least 18 years of age (per licensing requirement). If driving is required for the position, must be 21 years old with no more than three (3) moving violations within the last three (3) years; or less than two (2) at-fault accidents within the last three (3) years; or no more than one (1) at-fault accident and one (1) moving violation within the last three (3) years when not the same accident.
-High school diploma, GED or equivalent; six (6) months experience in human services/behavioral health field; ability to meet licensing requirements for working with individuals with a developmental disability; or any equivalent combination of directly related education and experience.
-Preferred: Graduation from an accredited college with an Associate’s degree in a behavioral health or human services field. Prior experience supporting persons with developmental disabilities.
-For CPES California, Inc., completion of DSP Certification Levels 1 and 2, plus one (1) year of experience in the field of human services/ behavioral health is required;
– Must successfully meet the program requirements which include being able to lift a minimum of 75 pounds.
– Perform standard First Aid and CPR, perform crisis intervention techniques in accordance with the mandated training, and fulfill Title 17 and Title 22 requirements.
– Able to work flexible schedules: weekends, nights, days, evenings, partial shifts, and 8 and 12 hour shifts as needed.
– May need to be available by phone for easy access by agency personnel. Must pass and maintain Fingerprinting clearance.
– A valid California Class C driver’s license and reliable, safe transportation with acceptable vehicle insurance to be used for agency travel as indicated by program if necessary.
– Must be insurable under CPES Novelles automobile policy if position requires driving a CPES Novelles vehicle or rental car.
– Must maintain acceptable personal automobile insurance coverage if position requires driving a personal vehicle to conduct CPES Novelles business (requires management approval).
Internal applications are now being accepted from 6/26/17 to 6/30/17